Monday 24 September 2007

Where is the love?

I stumbled across a blog written by someone who used to go to TLC when I was the leader there a few years ago. On the top hand side of the page she wrote (thanks Claire!)

"I like the idea of loving people just to love them, not to get them to come to church."

I have been thinking a lot about this recently and I think that some people maybe have a slight misconception about what network is all about. I really dont know what you think network is - maybe some sort of thing for the young people - but really, if you want a vibrant, alive relationship with God or you are looking to see what Jesus can do for you - then network is for you. I dont care what age you are - as along as you are committed to being a friend to someone and opening you mind to what God can do for you!

We want to set up a loving community - not to build up the numbers in the church or even to give you something to hold on to in the church - we want to build a community of believers, of people pointing in the same direction and helping each other through lifes struggles.

I dont know about you - but I am pretty fed up having to believe, find God and love God on my own. I am fed up just telling people I'm fine - when I'm really not. I'm fed up pretending that every day I feel exactly the same. I'm fed up pretending that God is ALWAYS near me. I'm fed up pretending that the faces I smile at on a Sunday morning are my friends . . . when they dont know a thing about me. I dont want you to come to network to do church. I want you to come to network to see love. So, if you come . . . . bring it on!

No comments: